All manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word (DOC) to the Journal of Gems & Gemmology email: email@example.com
The Journal of Gems and Gemmology publishes original articles on gem materials and researches in gemmology and related fields. The topics include but not limited to：
● latest gem research direction and development
● test technology
● gem resource
● synthetic, imitations and treatments
● jewelry market and trade
● jewelry manufacturing
● jewelry appraisal
● jewelry culture and education
1.The text of manuscripts must be submitted in Standard English.
2.All manuscripts (including tables, figure captions, and references) must be submitted in Microsoft Word (DOC).
3.Words count: manuscript submitted should be less than 5 000 words with an abstract less than 200 words. The manuscript may contain up to 10 illustrations including both figures and tables.
4. Please include a one-sentence biography for the first author; the bio should include title, present occupation, and location. The company\organization’s name and address must be provided as well. All information should be put on the first page under the title and the authors.
Manuscripts should be arranged in following order:
(1) article title
(2) full name of each author
(3) each author’s affiliated company\organization
(4) abstract (no more than 200 words)
(5) key words (3 to 8 key words).
(2) Methods, techniques, studied material and area descriptions etc.
(6) Acknowledgments (if any)
(7) References cited
Use other heads and subheads as the subject matter warrants. Please avoid jargon, spell out the first mention of all nonstandard acronyms, and present your material clearly and concisely.
Important: Papers that describe original research must include a Materials and Methods section that contains the number of samples, a description of the samples, and the techniques and instrumentation used to obtain the data.
Acknowledgments should follow in the main text and be headed ACKNOWLEDGMENT(S). Please indicate any non-authors who provided assistance in the research and writing of the manuscript.
In the text, references should be cited in APA format.
Tables should not be double spaced, but be single spaced. Units should be given once at the column heads and not throughout the table.
Variables, such as temperature (T), pressure (P), length (L), etc., should be italic type, for example, T, P, L, ….; vectors should be bold and italic.
Footnotes should not be used.
Authors are responsible for the accuracy of their data. Chemical analyses and any other analytical data should be given to the number of decimal places justified by the precision of the analytical methodology.
1. The maximum printed size of illustrations is c. 160 mm×235 mm (full page including the figure captions) or 80 mm×235 mm (column width including the figure captions), so the biggest width of the full page figures is better no more than 155 mm and 75 mm for the half page ones.
2. All maps should include a metric bar scale and an arrow to mark the direction. Separate parts of a single figure should be labeled (a), (b), (c), etc., and referred to as (a), (b), (c), etc., in the text and captions.
3. All artwork and photographic images should be supplied in electronic form (TIFF format, >300 dpi). Line drawings or labeled images should be provided in EPS format, and half-tones (photographic images) in TIFF format. All font should be “Times New Roman”, font size should be 8 pt, and Variables, such as temperature (T), pressure (P), length (L), etc., should be italic type, for example, T, P, L, ….; Please supply images as near as possible to the actual size that you expect they may be printed in the Journal. Pay careful attention to the guidelines given in respect of illustration sizes. The vector figures in Coraldraw or Adobe Illustrator can be provided for editing if it is possible.
All literature cited in the text should be arranged in alphabetical order APA format at the end of the text under the heading REFERENCES. If the reference is in any other language except English, such as in Chinese, a statement should be added like “(in Chinese with English Abstract)”.
Copyright Transfer Statement
Authors will be required to sign a Copyright Transfer Statement (CTS) for all papers accepted for publication. Signature of the CTS is a condition of publication and papers will not be passed to the publisher for production unless a signed form has been received. After submission authors will retain the right to publish their paper in various medium/circumstances (please see the form for further details). To assist authors an appropriate form will be supplied by the editorial office.
Please submit your completed papers via the submission system
Review Process and Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
All manuscripts will be Crosschecked in order to guarantee that they are original, if the Crosscheck result above 15%, the article might be rejected. After the manuscript passed the Crosscheck, it will be proceed through double blind peer review.